Sunday, January 11, 2009

Planning for Baja

Oh wow - I have not been this excited about an adventure since our first road trip to Alaska in 2003....... This trip will be all new roads, apart from the run from here to Tijuana at the Mexican border, but then we get to see my youngest sproglet, Joleen,  who is a gorgeous blue eyed, freckle faced United States Marine based in Twentynine Palms, CA.   This will make those known roads, and the interstate, more bearable.

The information I have found and been given from people on the "Baja boards" has been wonderful and so incredibly helpful - I think I have half a ton of printed stuff that I just know I will probably forget about as soon as the camera jumps up at the first sight of the ocean and the adventure unfolds.

Our dining room is filled with bags of stuff to be packed in the RV and the doglets (mini yorkies) know something is happening.  Allie does not like travel, Sophie does not care at all and is rather a joker.  Blondie, the GPS, is slowly waking up...... maybe we should dye her hair before setting out on this trip?  She gave us some serious headaches on the last trip to see the Aurora Borellis - trying her damdest to get us to drive off the top of the Icefield Parkway in Canada!  Maybe she has had an attitude adjustment while hanging around in that dark drawer for a while?  I hope so.....

Tomorrow I will put the sign up on the marquee telling everyone that we are closing the shop in the last week of January until we get back.  When are we going to be back?   Probably around the first week in March, but to be sure, lets just say - the minute the wheels stop turning in front of this little yellow house again :)  I know - it drives people nuts when we do this, but they love looking at the photos I print out and staple to the shop walls after each trip while we fix there virus ridden or sick computers.   It's quite a job picking out which ones go up as I only have place for about 200 pics - without using the ceiling!  The problem is that I take thousands of photos on each trip.  I looked at it the other day and on the trips of 13000 miles, I took around 13000 pics.  The last trip to Alaska was 'only' 11000 miles and yes............ 11000 photos! Sorting is hell, but wonderful too....... so many memories, so many smiles.

Ok - so not much will be posted until the day we leave and hopefully we will have semi-regular internet so that I can update from along the way.

I am so incredibly excited!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!

BajaBaggs said...

Pack your bags, head a little south and be here before the end of January - your seat is ready for you! :)